Membership Chair: Nick Prillaman
There are currently two incentive programs to encourage growth in our clubs:
The GATEway District has announced the “Shine Brighter Together” Incentive program:
- Regular Adult clubs are eligible. Junior Optimist Clubs, college clubs, and any clubs under a pilot project are not eligible.
2. The club must have a minimum net +3 membership for the 2022 – 2023 year.
3. Clubs must be current on OI and District dues on September 30, 2023, excluding new member fees charged by OI for the 4th quarter.
4. Club Pride Report for 2022-2023 must have been submitted by September 30, 2023 deadline.
5. The club must have submitted its COER Report for the 2023-2024 Year.
- Clubs will be ranked based on the percentage of increase in membership during the 4th quarter.
2. Ranking will be based on the T Shot Report provided by OI on Leaders Online. The baseline will be established using the T Shot Report dated July 1, 2023.
3. The top three clubs will receive cash prizes.
4. New members added must be on the roster through January 1, 2024.
5. Prize payout will be awarded at the 2nd quarter 2024 conference.
|CLUB PRIZES||A pool of $2250 has been set aside for this program. The top three clubs in the percentage of new members for the quarter will be allocated prizes based on the order of finishing. If there are no ties the distribution will be:First Place $1000Second Place $750 • Third place $500In the event of a tie, the following will be used to determine the winner:The tiebreaker will be the retention percentage reported by OI in Leaders Online for the 2022-2023 year. The club with the highest retention level will be awarded the prize.In the event a tie still exists after the above in any prize category, the cash award for the level and the next level below will be combined and the clubs in the tie will share the prize.|
|INDIVIDUAL MEMBER PRIZE||The member who brings in the most members during the 4th Quarter will be recognized as our 2022-2023 Membership Shining Light at the annual awards banquet at the 2nd Quarter Conference Awards Program. The district will pay for the winner’s district registration to the 2nd Quarter Conference.|
Optimist International has announced the “Race to the Finish”.
|The top prize in the contest is $1,000 for the Club adding the most members. The Club with the highest percentage of membership growth during the period will also collect $1,000.|
There will also be cash prizes for second and third place in for the number of members added as well as the percentage of new members added. The racing rules require that all new members added during the race be paid members through the start of the 2023-2024 second quarter ( January-March 2024) Any club not falling into the top three positions of each category will be placed in a random draw for one of two cash prizes.
Questions about the 4th Quarter Incentive program can be sent to email@example.com.
It is not too late to participate!